Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Party

I thought my blog would be back to normal today, but of course I must tell you all about the party, so I'm thinking tomorrow things will be back to normal. I promise.

The Fire Roasted Flesh Worms were wonderful! See their toothy little mouths? The chutney complimented the roast pork perfectly, and although we cooked four of them, I think we should have made more.
The Scream Cheese with Bloody Jelly was just a classic treat with a creepy presentation.

The Swamp Water tasted surprisingly good! It was lemonade concentrate, limeade concentrate, 7-Up, and rainbow sherbet. Really simple, but kind of brackish looking.

Horse Woman made these Devil Eyes. The green stuff looked a little like Wasabi, which would have been fiery, but it was regular egg yolk stuff tinted with food coloring.

This was just guacamole and blue corn chips, but we called it Guacamoldy and Petrified Bat Wings.

One of Teen2's friends made this graveyard cake.

And I made these with the leftover bread dough from the Mummified Mice. Hmmm, I can't seem to find a photo of the Mummified Mice, but they were precooked sausage links wrapped in this bread dough and cooked for 20 minutes. The kids seemed to like them, but I didn't get one so I can't tell you if they tasted good.

Here are some of the adults: Dead bride, Batman, Plan Bee, Lost Hiker, Julia Child, Bat Woman, and me, a Witch.

Here are some of the kids: Flapper, Pippi Longstockings, Pirate, Tourist, Doctor, ?, Chef, Cop, ?, Link, The Center of the Universe, Witch, Alice In Wonderland, Geisha Girl, Taco.

And I must tell you all that a famous chef came to help in the kitchen. Isn't it amazing? Julia Child came out of "retirement" to help us prepare our hors d'oeuvres. And look, she has her trademark glass of wine. And she said, "Bon Appetit" a lot too. And there was lots of food on the floor this morning.


So, we had a great party, and I hope you had a nice Halloween too. Now, it's back to our regularly scheduled programing. Thank you for your patience.

6 comments:

Pippajo said...

Looks like everyone was having fun! That Julia Child costume is too funny, I'll have to remember that one!

I'll have photos up soon--hopefully today!

Chris said...

What a great party! The food is so, uh...yucky, it's good!

Julia had to be the hit of the evening, tho'.

You're in California, right? Could I get an invite next year? LOL

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a marvelous party. How lucky you were to have Julia assisting in the kitchen :-).

Christie said...

I am going to picture Malcolm as 'Julia' from now on!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Looks like lots of fun! Those "bones" look really good! V.

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh the food looked wonderfully yukky (in a great Halloween way of course!). And how lucky of you to have Julia cooking for you! I'm still smiling... xx