Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Overdue Project

I have been wanting to make this project for ever so long and I finally did it this weekend! Yippee!

You remember the old curtains from Teen2's bedroom, don't you? One was all rat chewed so I threw it away. (It was her pet rat, not some nasty vermin.) I used one for an ironing board cover, and the last two I am using for this project.


Can you tell what it is yet?


It's a pennant/banner thingie. (Will one of my UK readers please tell me what you call these things?) I see them in blogs and my magazines all the time and they just shout SUMMERTIME IN ENGLAND to me so I had to make one. Now when I go camping or on a picnic I can glam it up a bit.

I immediately ran out and hung it on the clothesline to get a good photo. And I am loving it. It's just perfect: pink, flowery, happy and totally summery. Now, where's the Pimms?

added later:
Thank you Sue for identifying my project! It's called bunting. I googled it and found this FUN site. Not about bunting, but charming artwork. I especially love the beach babes. Check it out.

12 comments:

Karen said...

So summery-simply beautiful! The fabric is perfect.

Dawn said...

Beautiful job. The fabric is great. I've seen these in some Etsy stores too. Glad you clarified the who the rat was!
Dawn

Teresa said...

So beautiful! I love the look of banners (or whatever they're called)--they add such a touch of festivity to anything.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's very festive.

Pippajo said...

Ah, a Pimms! Would love one! Lately, the weather around here (New Jersey) has been so gloriously perfect for it, too, which is so very odd!

The banner (don't know what the British call it) is lovely! I would probably hang it indoors so I wouldn't have to wait until a camping trip or picnic to gaze at it!

And I don't think I ever said so, but I practically swooned over that ironing board cover! Definitely an idea I'm tucking away in my brain for later use!

Mary Bergfeld said...

The fabric is lovely. Very English country side. I have no idea what the banners are called.

Neabear said...

I think I have seen what these are called, but right now for the life of me I can't remember what that is. If it comes to me I will comment again. Love how yours turned out and that makes a great new header picture. Lovely!

Denise said...

What an awesome idea! You're right, it does scream summer!

XXDenise

Sue Krekorian said...

These strings of pennants are called bunting - always wondered why! You have absolutely delightful bunting, and it looks great on your banner, too. I've been thinking about making some, too, but this may never come to fruition....

Just a little something from Judy said...

Each post you do is beautiful, interesting and so artistically done. It is always a joy to visit this blog.

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable and YOU. I knew you would come up with a fab project for the remain curtain fabric. Now I am hoping there will be a little tutorial on how you put that cute bunting together.
Nicely done!
Karen xo

Sandra Henderson said...

So very pretty. I've thought of making one, but haven't. Thank you for encouraging me....
I love your blog! Sandra at
www.cumberlandislandquiltchick.com