Saturday, April 3, 2010

Changes, Changes, Changes

Happy Easter from Amongst The Oaks
If there's one thing we can depend on this time of year, it's change. And the weather forecast for our Easter Party isn't letting us down. It has been so nice the last few weeks, but now rain is expected on Sunday, so our party plans have changed.
We were going to barbecue, play croquet, and eat outside like we have done so many Easters in the past, but with rain expected we decided to set up tables in the house.
I set up a table in the living room next to the window with this lovely green cloth, white doilies, pink dishes, and pink napkins.

I also set up this round table in the living room with a pink flowered cloth, white doilies, pink dishes and pink napkins.


Then I set up the dining table for twelve with Johnson Bros. Summer Chintz, a white flowered table cloth, and purple napkins.


Here are the pink dishes with the place cards I made.

I thought I had it all figured out, but then things started changing again. One family called and said they weren't coming so I removed three plates and re-arranged the place cards.
Then another family called and said they weren't coming so I removed an entire table and re-arranged all the dishes and place cards again. I'm sure it will be a lovely day, but I just hope there are no more surprises, because I'm tired of shuffling tables and dishes around here Amongst The Oaks.

4 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

HAPPY EASTER!~ I'm taking a break from working in the garden, catching up on a few blogs I follow. YOur table is BEAUTIFUL!
"HOP" on over to my blog and comment to win an antique sterling silver vase! drawing isn't till Wed!
www.cumberlandislandquiltchick.com

wish I could visit you more often....

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Your tables/settings looked beautiful! I bet the food was good too!

Abby Lanes said...

All of your tables are magnificent. What a lovely way to bring family and friends together in such beauty!

Annesphamily said...

I would have enjoyed sitting at your table! Beautiful! Those name tags are awesome! The dishes are so unique! I hope you were blessed today!