Friday, September 30, 2011

I tried one of the new Dynamic blog formats this morning for about 15 minutes. Perhaps some of you saw it. I immediately missed my favorite blog links and my categories, so it was back to the old format for me.

Anyway, here is the Lake Tahoe painting that I reworked yesterday. I don't think the colors photographed accurately. I'll have to work on that, but I like the painting a little better now.

And here is one I really like. I took the photo that I used for inspiration while we were driving down the highway early one morning. The fog was creeping over the hills and the sun was making the spring grass glow. Loved the atmospheric feeling.
In other news, our critique at school was very interesting for me because I'd never experienced one and I realize now that I've got to learn a new language to properly contribute anything of value. Every field has its lingo, right? Now I'm off to study the rule of vertical placement, atmospheric perspective, cast shadow, and implied horizon line.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Your paintings are beautiful. My sister is also a plein air artist, and I know her skill is ever evolving. Tromping around hill & dale searching for just the right inspiration must be fun though! I can't wait to see what you paint next!

Spot said...

I remember this scene from an earlier photo in your blog. Which do we prefer? The painting of course! If only we could paint.