JC at Lilacs and Cats has given me an award. Thank you JC!
HERE ARE THE RULES:
First you must tell your readers ten about yourself that they may not already know, but are true.
Second you must tag ten people with the award.
Third, you must let the people know you have given them this award.
And finally, link back to the person who gave the award to you.
TEN TRUE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I used to draw and paint, but haven't done any artwork in ages. The Lord of the Manor is working on the guest cottage/studio though, so maybe soon I can get back to that.
2. Back in the 1980's we lived on a sailboat and cruised to Mexico and back. We also skippered boats for other people. What an experience that was. I sometimes dream of getting another boat and sailing again.
3. I love to fly; large plane, small plane, helicopter, whatever. I just love the view from up there. I have flown/soloed both airplanes and helicopters, but never got my license.
4. I know how to use power tools: chop saw, skillsaw, drills, lawnmower, weed eater, etc. and comprehend mechanical things quite easily. However, the vacuum cleaner doesn't appeal to me at all.
5. I used to run/jog when I was in my twenties and wanted to do it again, but menopause (and Hashimotos) hit me hard and I literally could not run! In my dreams I could run, but in real life, I felt like I was dragging the weight of the world behind me. However, I think I've got my drug cocktail just right now, and this morning I actually ran a little over a mile! And it felt good!
6. One of my grandmothers was born in France, married an American soldier, and came to live in America. Alas, I rarely saw her and she died when I was quite young, but I have an affinity for all things French. And I'd love to look up my cousins who live in Chaumont, Haute-Marne.
7. I try to eat only real food; whole milk, butter, eggs, cheese, unprocessed meats, lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and whole grains. I don't drink sodas or anything out of a plastic bottle. (Do you have any idea what's in that plastic?) I try never to eat margarine or Crisco. I don't eat iceberg lettuce, Rainbow bread, or baked potatoes. I try not to eat any processed foods, but cookies and ice cream sometimes sneak by. I NEVER buy anything that says diet, lite, or low fat on the label.
8. I think it's important for a family to cook and eat together, so we always dine together. We set the table with a tablecloth, cloth napkins, and real dishes. We broil some meat, steam some vegies, and make a salad, then sit down and talk while we eat. It's just very important to me.
9. My imagination is too vivid and sometimes I tend to lose focus. I can look at a rundown house and see seventeen different ways to make it cuter, but finishing my own projects is sometimes impossible.
10. I dislike shopping at the Mall. In fact, I don't really like shopping at all. That's one of the cool things about computers; you can order anything online and have it shipped to you without ever setting foot in a Mall.
Now I'm supposed to pick ten bloggers to pass the award on to, but I think I'll just do five:
Linnea at Neabear
Mary at One Perfect Bite
Dawn at Cottage State of Mind
Blondie at Blondie's Journal
Cass at That Old House
Please have fun with it ladies, and don't feel pressured or obligated.