Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Mosaic - Tidepools

Thanks Mary for hosting Mosaic Monday once again. My contribution to Mosaic Monday is from our recent trip to Oregon.

One morning while we were camping at Sunset Bay State Park just south of Coos Bay, we went on a Ranger-Guided Tidepool Walk. It was wonderful to have a knowledgeable person to guide us and answer questions. We managed to get there at a minus tide, so the viewing was particularly good. From the top right, going anti-clockwise the pictures are:
Giant Sea Chiton
Six Legged Sea Star
Pigeon Guillemots
Green Anemone
Chiton
Sea Star
Leopard Nudibranch
White Anemone
and in the center is Teen2 looking like she's in trouble, but she was on a huge rocky table and the waves were actually quite far away.
Most of theses photos were taken through the water, but if you position yourself so a shadow is on the surface of the water, they come out all right.

12 comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! It reminds me so much of our trip to Oregon. Tidepools team with such interesting life, don't they? I love you mosaic! Giving the names of each of the creatures was very helpful. Karen

Journey said...

Neat neat pictures!!! I've never been to Oregon but would certainly like to visit. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the names of the creatures as well.

Suzy said...

Amazing! I need to spend more time near the water. So many cool things to see.

Kathy said...

Thank you for your awesome mosaic. I'm a Midwesterner so tide pools are totally unfamiliar to me. Thanks for identifying each photo. Kathy

Denise said...

I have always wanted to see a tide pool! Thanks for sharing.

XXDenise

Mary said...

Wow, Laura, they are SO beautiful! That sounds like such a great tour. Thanks so much for sharing those wonderful images at Mosaic Monday. :)

Marsha said...

What a wonderful mosaic! I especially enjoyed this one as I live about as far from the ocean as can be in the middle of the country and these are a treat to behold. What fun this must have been.

Skoots1moM said...

amazingly beautiful...go, god!
His mastery is without words
great pictures! well done...sure makes me want to go to Oregon

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Beautiful. I must tell you, though, that what popped into my mind were scenes from the movie, "Cannery Row" about collecting sea specimens (that is not exactly what the story is about, mind you, but it figures in!)

Thanks for sharing them. C.

Blondie's Journal said...

Stunning photos, Laura. I never knew there was such a thing as a Tidepool Walk...so interesting. I never would have known these little creatures were underwater. You are very talented. Lovely mosaic!

xoxo
Jane

Claudia said...

Wonderful wonderful shots

I am impressed with the variety found.

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Wow, these are wonderful shots! Thanks for naming them, some of them definitely were unidentifiable for me otherwise!

Truly fabulous mosaic!