Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone!
I made a decoration for my front door. I took a hat that was left over from the Tea Party, put some flag-ish ribbon on it, and embellished it with firecrackers! Terrible festive, don't you think?

I just hope no one decides to put a match to them. That would even be louder than my door knocker, which is unbelievably loud.

We hope to go black berry picking today. It's a tradition here Amongst The Oaks. Then we will make a berry cobbler, but don't tell Teen2, she's already mad that she missed the lorikeets, that might send her over the edge.

5 comments:

Annesphamily said...

I love your hat! Happy 4th of July! You are quite a creative gal! I hope no one decides to light up the house with those firecrackers! Hugs Anne

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I always have lots of leftover firecrackers, etc.

Unknown said...

Your hat is fabulous & so patriotic ... what a door greeting.

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pozytywnafotografia.pl/]fotografia slubna warszawa, fotografia slubna gdansk, fotografia slubna otwock[/url]
http://pl.wikipedia.org/

Dallasmom said...

What a cute door decoration! Great idea to add the firecrackers, as long as you don't have any little boys around.