I've been tagged by Zoe at The Glory Hole to share with you 7 facts about myself.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. Some random, some weird.
3. Tag up to 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are the seven things you didn't know about me.
1. I'm only 5' tall. This has caused some problems over the years like constant teasing from certain people. And it seems to me that people don't always take me seriously. But darn it, I'm strong and capable and I can do anything I put my mind to!
2. I crave balance and symmetry. I frequently arrange vignettes in my home in pairs of things and I'm trying to get away from that, but it's hard.
3. Several years ago I learned to fly helicopters and actually soloed. I have also flown airplanes, but all that was B.C. (before children)
4. I enjoy residential architecture. I don't mean I drive by a house and say, "Oh, that's a pretty house." I mean I study the shape of the roof, the style of windows, the details and materials. I research it when I get home in my architecture books. I take trips with the sole purpose of photographing homes just for the fun of it. I take photos of doors (but you already knew that). I designed my own home and also a home for a friend.
5. I used to live on a boat. It was a 35' sailboat that we eventually sailed to Mexico and back. It was a very interesting way to live. Beautiful in some ways, but very difficult in others. This was before cell phones, internet, and GPS. When we went out the Golden Gate and turned left, we were on our own. The experience changed me in profound ways; it made me realize what was really important in life, it made me more self reliant, and it made me question American consumerism.
6. I have different ideas about food. I think if God had intended us to eat highly processed, chemical laden carbs, He would have made cookie bushes, potato chip trees, and donut vines. And there would be rivers flowing with carbonated, high fructose corn syrup beverages. But that wasn't the plan. So I try to eat fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, whole grains, real cheese, milk, butter (yes butter), fresh meats and fish. I never buy anything that says Diet, Low Fat, Lite, or Non Fat on the label. When the food manufacturer (I hate that term) took out the fat, they put in carbs and chemicals and that's what's killing us.
7. I don't enjoy shopping at the Mall, but love antique shops, flea markets, and estate sales.
I tag Morning Has Broken, Covered Porches and Screen Doors, In The Garden with Miss Jean, At Home with the Farmer's Wife, Across the Pond, Days Missed on a Hammock, and Elizabeth Hill. And thanks to all you creative bloggers who help to make my day.