Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lunch Bag Art

When my girls were younger I frequently did more than just write their name on their lunch bags. I'd do a quick doodle or sketch of something to amuse them or show them I loved them. And apparently Teen2 has decided to continue that tradition because lately she has been drawing on her lunch bags.
I really liked this elephant and asked her to save it for me. Below is today's art. I don't always know who the characters are, but I always like them. I'm thinking of a grouping of framed lunch bag art on the wall in the kitchen. What do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I started faux painting the columns last night, but they're not done yet. Pippajo asked how I attached the balls and bowls to the columns. I thought I'd use Silicone adhesive, but last night I noticed the paint had actually stuck them on pretty good. I'll leave them like that for now, but if they fall off, I'll use the Silicone.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your columns are inspired! Imagine bowl and basketballs = Greek columns!

I'm having an excellent give away! Please join in the fun of promoting ME!!!
Oh, and I'd decoupage the drawings all over an area of my kitchen!

JC said...

Your daughter is talented !!!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I Love this lunchbag art!!! Tell you girl to keep at it! C

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

What a fabulous idea! Lunch bag art--I think you should frame them somehow. If I can find it I will publish some art my daughter drew on a brown paper lunch bag several years ago--I always thought it was some of her best work!!

Leslie said...

Apparently, Teen2 is quite the talented artist!