Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Old Boneyard

We set up the old boneyard in our front yard yesterday. What do you think? Is it creepy enough? It looks creepier at night with the green spotlights, but even during the day I think it looks pretty good.
Teen2 made that giant spiderweb over there. And the headless guy on the broken bench is supposed to be one of the spider's victims.

We carted in lots of clippings of ivy, grapevines, and shrubbery from the field and it should be nice and dead looking by October 31st.

I'm sure the neighbors think I'm daft.

6 comments:

Bishop Stone said...

I really love that spiders wed, how did she make it?

Laura said...

We got a skein of white fuzzy yarn, She made the outer framework first, then made several radials. Then she carefully tied pieces around and around just like a spider would. I hope we can untie it and roll it up to save it for next year.

JC said...

You are going all out ....

Pippajo said...

I'm sure the neighbors do think you're daft. But I think you're brilliant!

It looks absolutely fabulous. I hope you get a few shots of it at night to share!

Lovely Scribbles said...

Wow! This boneyard is awesome! I love your creativity. :)

Paula said...

Everything looks FABULOUS! We do a biennial Halloween Party, and have the best time with it! We have the tombstones, too, and they look similar to yours...but for the life of me, I can't get them to stand up properly. The wind blows them down, the cats knock them over, etc., etc. Any tips on how to keep them in place and looking great?
Paula