Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shane Dwight Concert

I've told you about our "Gourmande" Club here and here and here. We don't always have our get-togethers at our homes, sometimes we go out. Like last night we went to Jessie's Grove Winery for one of their concerts. It's a lot of fun to bring picnic food and sit on the lawn watching the concert.
Kim asked us to bring bruschetta. Since toasting the bread ahead of time just isn't the same, here is how we toasted it on site. I'm pretty sure the management wouldn't have approved, but we were very discreet and it all went well.

Marcella Hazan said to use pane integrale so we got this delicious whole grain bread from Podesto's Market. After toasting we rubbed it with garlic, drizzled on some olive oil and added a little pesto or tomato topping. And it was fabulous! This snack instantly transported me back to the dimly lit cave in Civita di Bagnoregio where we first tasted it.

Our meal was a delicious chicken salad, fresh fruit and sliced tomatoes. And we enjoyed their chardonnay. This morning I'm thinking maybe I enjoyed it a little too much. Haven't done that in ages.







But here's why we came: Shane Dwight. He was great as usual. We saw him last year too. He's a real crowd pleaser. There was lots of dancing and it looked like everyone had a real good time there Amongst The Oaks. Yep, Jessie's Grove is full of oak trees too.




For more information on Jessies Grove Concerts, visit their site.

4 comments:

Neabear said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all of you.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

What fun, fun, fun. I love good food, good friends, good wine and good entertainment. Sounds like you had it ALL! C

Andrea said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have to say I have spent the last happy hour perusing your blog and I just want to plop right in the middle of your life. Or maybe just show up for dinner?

We're practically neighbors....

Chris said...

Laura, it looks like a great time! I have been to Jessie's Grove a few times. It is a wonderful place to visit. I was unaware of the concerts (head in sand?)though. Might be a fun trk for a girl's night out.

Chris