Thursday, November 1, 2007

Kitchen Favorites

I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen Saturday cleaning and puttering. We remodeled it about a year ago and I'm still thrilled with it. My favorite thing is the mantel over the range. It hides the exhaust fan, a light and two spice cupboards on the sides. And it just looks sooo English. I changed the plates on it to something more Fallish and I kept the wheat from the Oktoberfest party, but removed the blue bows.

My next favorite thing is my sink. Now why would a girl get excited about a sink? Because it's huge! When we brought it home Teen2 said, "That's not a sink, that's a bath tub!" But seriously I had some dinky thing before and well maybe I went a bit overboard, but I still love it. Here it is with my mop bucket in it. And here's that same mop bucket in a standard size kitchen sink. It is rather large, isn't it?



Here's some other stuff I love about my kitchen;
my doggie doorstop, the old red telephone that came with the house, irregular red tiles.





After all that work I felt like I needed a little lunch, so I made a salad to match my kitchen. Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen post! In fact the kitchen in my home looks exsactly like it! Same phone and everything!! I love your blog, continue dem posts!


With a flash and a blur and a puff of smoke she was gone!
Teen2

Amongst The Oaks said...

yummy salad

Martha said...

Oh my gosh!!!! THE KITCHEN!!! I love it!