Saturday, June 21, 2008

Second Pink Saturday

I like pink a lot, so I have lots of pink things to choose from for my second Pink Saturday. Here is a little silk purse that holds my Mom's pearls. She gave them to me when I turned 50. She gave them to me because when I was a baby I grabbed at them and broke the strand. They went flying everywhere, but thankfully they were gathered and restrung.

I love cranberry glass and have a few pieces. Here is a cranberry glass vase that my sister gave to me. Actually, she gave it to Teen1 when she was about 4 months old, and I suppose I'll give it to her someday, but for now I think of it as mine.
And here is a scarf I bought in Paris. It was so cold that spring we thought we'd freeze! And as we were driving back from Giverny, it even snowed! I really needed that scarf and when I wear it every winter, I think back on that fun trip.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Laura, I am so happy that you are participating in Pink Saturday again.

Your pink things are exquisite, and each one has so much sentimental value.

My strand of pearls is in a pink satin case, too. My son used to pull at them when he was little, too.

I agree that the vase is yours for now. And, that pretty pink scarf looks so soft and warm.

Heidi Ann said...

Laura, Such pretty "pink" treasures!....Heidi :)

hautemommy said...

Pretty pink post!!! :) xo!

Dawn said...

What a treasure to have your mother's pearls!

I love cranberry glass. I wish I had some, though I have no place to display any!

The scarf looks very soft and pretty.

take care,
Dawn

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Very pretty pink things. My first time on your blog...I'll be back to browse some more.

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Beautiful pink post! ;)
~Rhonda