Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cockroach Capers

Let the Games Begin!
It's that time of year again. The time of year when the Cockroach Games begin. And what is that, you ask? It's when I begin putting rubber cockroaches in strange places.
Like in the sugar bowl....

and with the garlic....

and on the bathroom counter....

and in cupboards....
and maybe even in the fruit bowl.


This all started many years ago when I found a big bin of rubber cockroaches at the Halloween store. I purchased several and the fun began. Over the years I've messed with lots of people and had gobs of fun. Oh the squeals I've caused! And the laughs I've had. Once I took several on a school camping trip I was chaperoning. I had six of Teen1's classmates squealing that time. I wonder why girls don't like cockroaches in their sleeping bags? Other times I've handed them to little kids and told them to take them home and have fun with Mom and Dad. Positively evil, aren't I? So if you want some cheap entertainment, pick up a handful and spread some fun. Please just wash them before you put them in the sugar bowl. You never know where they've been.

Having a good time here Amongst The Oaks, Laura

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I've found a kindred spirit. I love those cockroaches, too. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are devilish, you are! I like doing that with spiders this time of year. I don't think I could go as far as cockroaches, though. You're braver than I be.

Pippajo

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!! I knew I liked you, but now you've really cinched the deal!! I'm heading out to the bank right now and I believe I will make a LITTLE stop at our local H-ween store and see if they have some of those cute little cockroaches!

Amongst The Oaks said...

Hey Dana,
maybe you could paint them pink and do a Pink Saturday post about them?

Anonymous said...

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone else about the roach and Pink Sat. idea---it had crossed my mind, too ;-)

I stopped at one Halloween shop and the only roach related item they had was an adult size roach costume!!! Whoa! They did have some really wiggly spiders and other insecty looking things, oh, and lots of snakes and rats, but no roaches. They also had some pretty neat eyeballs! I will keep looking for the roaches,however. There are two more H-ween stores located fairly close! I'm just giddy with anticipation of where those little critters will be lurking for my unsuspecting husband and daughter---oh, and probably a friend or two! Great idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Laura and Dana. I would like a pink polka-dot cockroach for Pink Saturday.

Tricia said...

The roach post is a good trick. I will be looking for some rubber roaches!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

I love that idea! I followed a link from Dana at the Stone Rabbit and I feel I have stumbled on to a friends. We seem to have a great deal in common. BTW- I own a pair of Wellies!

Glennis said...

You are wicked!!! But totally funny!!!