Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Grand Tour

Sorry I've been away so long, but we've been busy, busy, busy. We worked on the cottage all weekend and we have to be at school nearly every night this week. After last night's meeting, though, Teen2 and I went to Flourish & Blots. She found some books she wanted and I found a calendar. It's called The Grand Tour and has turn of the century photos of Europe's great cities.

Here's Venice and Florence. Both still look the same today, but the clothes have changed.

Here's the Karlstor in Munich and the Eiffel Tower being built.

And above is Fleet Street in London, looking toward St. paul's Cathedral.
To busy to do anything but armchair traveling here Amongst The Oaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your photos, Laura. I especially loved the one of the Eiffel Tower under construction.

Teen years are super busy for parents--I do recall that phase of my life!!! Busy, but lots of fun. Dana

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic calendar! It is so interesting to see photos from that time period.

Try to find some time for yourself even during all of the busyness.