Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cruet Set


My friend JB is in the business of liquidating estates, and she has sales all the time. I try to go to all of them because they are always interesting. Yesterday she had one in a condominium neighborhood, but I went anyway because you never know what you'll find. And sure enough, I found this charming little cruet set.

It was all tarnished so I brought it home and polished it up a bit. And I cleaned all the containers and put salt, pepper, vinegar, and mustard in them. The stoppers don't match so I'll have to search out replacements, but I'm thinking it still looks better on the table than this:



I like the fun shapes...

and the glow of the not-quite-perfectly-polished silver...

and the colorful condiments through the glass....

but most of all I love the little mustard pot.


Would anyone care for a little Grey Poupon?

5 comments:

tam said...

Oh I Looove that-you lucky girl you! That is a great find, I have always wanted one of those. How nice that you have a friend in that business!Hope you have an awesome weekend~Smiles~Tam!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I agree - that is just charming - so much better than bottles.

Blondie's Journal said...

You found a nice little gem Laura~I love estate sales! This is very elegant and i love that you didn't polish it to perfection, it would look new then and what is the point?

By the way, regarding wisteria, someone told me I need a male & female to get flowers. My nursery did not specify what my two plants were. What do you think?

xoxo
Jane

Martha said...

Okay. That is just very refined.

Me likey :)

Neabear said...

I am catching up on your blog again. This is really cool. You got lucky getting it. Definitely looks good on a table.