Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring has Sprung


It's a sure sign that Spring has Sprung when primroses are blooming in the dining room. If I was really classy I'd have Cornishware mugs to put them in, but all I've got is these cheap pink mugs. Maybe I can get Teen1 to peruse charity shops whilst she's in the UK this summer and get me some Cornishware mugs!

I'm getting tired of the dark somber colors in my dining room, so I tried to lighten it up a bit for Spring. I hung this mirror with a white frame, laid out a green table cloth, and put out only fresh pastel items: bunnies from my sister TravelBug, lilacs from the garden, pink dishes, and white primroses.


Don't you agree that everything needs to be lightened up for Spring? Swept clean, uncluttered, freshened up, lightened up; that's what I'm thinking. Anyway, that's it for now from Springy, Fresh, Lightened Up, Amongst The Oaks.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm with you. I love the look and smell of houses in the spring. Your dining room display is lovely. I have a weakness for lilacs.

Neabear said...

All those pretty pastels does brighten up the place.