Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet Treats for the Kitchen

It was rainy and gray all weekend, so I picked these up at Trader Joe's. They sweeten the kitchen with their wonderful scent. And they are cheery to look at, aren't they?

All the buds were tight like this when I got it, but within two hours they started to open. I just love hyacinths, but cannot seem to grow them in my garden, so I guess I'll keep enjoying them in pots.



There are other sweet things in the kitchen right now too. Teen1 and I made these yesterday. Such a simple treat, but so much fun.



3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your hyacinths are such a pretty color~I have never seen such a pretty creamy pink like this, and as usual your photography is wonderful!

Isn't if fun to do things in the kitchen with kids! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Nothing smells as lovely as hyacinths!
Rice Krispie treats are my husband's favorite! He has recently discovered strawberry marshmallows, so I think I will try making them with those near Easter.

Neabear said...

The flowers are so pretty and the treats look so yummy!