Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Wisteria

Lovely Susan is hosting Outdoor Wednesday again. Please visit our host and the other participants at A Southern Daydreamer.




My post for Outdoor Wednesday is my wisteria that is starting to bloom. I blogged about this ad nauseum last year, and I promise not to do that again this year, but I just had to show you the first flower. It opened Sunday and I stuck my nose in it as soon as I noticed so I could drink in the heady scent. And it. was. wonderful. I wish we had smellavision YouTube so I could share it.


Happy Outdoor Wednesday from here Amongst The Oaks.


And as usual, Mr Linky and I are mortal enemies; he hides all the other participants from me and won't even let me see his face. Coward. So if you want to show me your Outdoor Wednesday, you'll have to leave a comment here. Thanks.

16 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Laura! Beautiful wisteria! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

PS I will add your link for you

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love wisteria! It's so beautiful and elegant.

Anonymous said...

That's one beautiful Wisteria. I'm saying it as if I've known the name of the flower for long :-) I really am terrible at naming flowers. But when it comes to admiring such beauty (like this one), well I sure know how to :-)

tam said...

Oh I love wisteria one of my favorites! Beautiful photos too! Hope you are having a terrific week~Smiles~Tam!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Wisteria....mine's still all twigs and bare...can't wait!!

Light and Voices said...

Snif...Snif...Snif....I'm liking the smell of wisteria!
Joyce

Candy said...

Awesome blossom...sniff, sniff!
Spring!!! Candy

Anonymous said...

Your wisteria is beautiful!

My father-in-law had some growing in his backyard. The smell is just heavenly.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

Marie said...

Hi Laura! I love wisteria vines and yours is beautiful. I used to have one in the last house I owned and every spring I look forward to its blooms.
-marie

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Your first flower from the Wisteria is word a outdoor wednesday party.
greetings from Holland

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely - I wish I had wisteria - it smells so grand. Come on over to my new blog - Scene Through My Eyes - and visit my Outdoor Wednesday.

http://scenethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I had that problem with Mr.Linky but the Mr. Linky people fixed it for me. Try it. Do a google search and send them a message.

I wish I could smell your wisteria too. I wish the wisheria blooms lasted for months and months.

Kathy b

Lori said...

I wish we could have smell tube. I bet the wisteria smells great... Sorry about Mr. Linky, maybe one day you will bet him.. Typical man...LOL

Blondie's Journal said...

Laura,

I almost didn't recognize your blog! I love the new design, so pretty!

You know how I feel about wisteria and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your advice. I pray it looks as pretty & healthy as yours!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

xoxo
Janie

Elisabeth said...

Oh, I love wisteria. Beautiful.

June said...

There is no other bloom like it. How I wish I could grow it here in my climate. Folks can grow it in Boise but my elevation is too high. Thanks for letting me enjoy yours.