Friday, August 15, 2008

An Apple a Day

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.



I got these apples at the Farmer's Market. We have one a few blocks away on Thursdays and Sundays. It's great fun to go there with my Cath Kidston bags, and get lots of fresh fruits and vegies. We sometimes see someone we know too. Last time we saw an old neighbor and had a nice chat. Also last weekend we saw the cutest couple who'd ridden their bicycles. They were tucking their produce into the bicycle's basket which was decorated with sunflowers. I just had to stop and tell them how cute that looked. It reminded me of something one would see in Europe.



So go to the Farmer's Market, get some fresh produce, look stylish with your cloth bags whilst saving the earth, chat with some friends, and be healthy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What variety of apple is that? It looks a bit like the Pink Lady that I love.

I've got my bags, and I'm ready to go.

Amongst The Oaks said...

I think it was a Pink Lady. And it was quite good!
Laura

Louise said...

That really is a great photo of the apple. I am hoping rather sooner than later, that we revert back to the old days, with regards shopping habits. I loathe the big supermarkets, the sheer number of people are overwhelming. x