Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Project

My MIL gave me a piece of furniture the other day. She is remodeling her kitchen and got a built in hutch, so I got this:

I put it in the cottage/studio/guest house. The Lord of the Manor hastn't even finished the cottage, and I'm already moving in. Anxious, I am. So the plan is to decorate it in a country cottage style with off white walls, rustic furniture, and green accents.

To make the hutch a little more country-ish, so I took out the leaded glass panels and I'm making little curtains for the doors.

I got two finished last night and I think I can finish the last one tonight after dinner. I was thinking of painting the whole thing white, but that's going to have to wait for a while.


I'll keep you posted on my cottage decorating project....

And now regarding the Mystery Photo; congratulations to Sue who guessed a pine cone. It is an immature seed cone from a cedar tree. Good job, everyone! I'll try to stump you all again next Monday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on the hutch! and it probably would look really nice painted white. the wood looks fine if you decide not to paint: scary to make that first pass with the paintbrush. cannot wait to see what you end up with. are you having visitors in your cabin?? jkj

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sue for correctly identifying your Mystery Photo! Your hutch looks so sturdy and BIG. Lots of storage space. It will be great painted white--love the fabric inserts, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laura I love the fabric in the doors. It looks wonderful.

Gillian said...

Those curtains are just perfect. What I would call understated and with a touch of elegance. Is the wood suitable for liming, which still shows the colour and grain through a wash?
Cheers Gillian

A Brush with Color said...

I would never in a million years have guessed that was a seed cone.

Your hutch is great--what a wonderful idea to put in the shirred curtains. I love it!

me said...

How very cute - yet elegant! I love that kind of glowing wood. Your curtains made it look cozier.