Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flora of Lake Tahoe

One of our days at Lake Tahoe we went on a little walk. I hesitate to call it a hike because it was not too far and mainly level ground. Above is a flower-filled meadow we walked through.

I'm not nearly as good as Mary, but I do try to take photos of flowers when I'm out walking. I don't know what any of these are, maybe someone can tell me?

Aren't they beautiful? This orange lily really caught my eye. I can't grow these in my garden, but here they are growing wild and perfect.





A pretty creek along the way.

This should have been in the "Fauna" post on Friday, but I missed it. Sorry

Happy Sunday from Amongst The Oaks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fauna on Friday, Pink on Saturday and Flora for Sunday. It is all just perfect.

Your pictures are wonderful. I wouldn't know the names, either.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know such flower filled meadows existed anymore! Thanks so much for sharing this.

I just wanted you to know I have your lovely blog in my Google Reader and look forward to every update!♥

alice c said...

It is so interesting to see someone elses world. Thanks for your comment - nice to meet you!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

The first pink flower is fireweed - it grows wild in spots that have been recently disturbed in some way. The purple flower is a lupine, and the second pink flower is a thistle of some sort. There are lots of varieties of thistles in pinks and purples.