Friday, April 3, 2009

Rose Challenge - Wild rose

I found this rose after dropping the kids off at school for the Powder Puff Football Game. I think it's a wild rose, maybe Ramona? Anyway, I like the way the sunlight was illuminating the prickles on the buds.

And I loved the way the stamens were glowing all golden in the evening sun.

I found it climbing along this wire fence near a mailbox. What a cheerful sight for the postman. The entire garden at this house is very old fashioned; full of old roses, viburnum, abelia, azaleas, camellias, and such. I'd love to chat with the homeowner.

The petals are deep pink on the inside and lighter pink outside. All the flowers had just five petals. Can anyone confirm that this is Ramona?


Thanks for joining me on this Rose Challenge here Amongst The Oaks. Come back tomorrow for another rose. And if you know of a great one in the area {Heidi} let me know.

7 comments:

tam said...

WoW gorgeous flowers! I wish I knew what the name of them were. I love the way they look and the color is amazing!Great job taking those photos! I can remember coming across wild roses up around Angeles Crest, CA. when hiking years ago with my husband. Hope you have a fun weekend~Tam:D

Moch Taviv said...

WoW .... amazing pic

Indonesian blog walking

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - lovely photos - I can almost smell the roses. I love this project - I get to see new roses every day and don't even have to go out looking. Nothing is blooming here except crocus and daffodils - I need more - but spring is slow to come to the PNW - although they say we are going to get up to 62 on Monday - I sure hope so - I love to sit on the porch steps in the sun and drink tea - ahhhh spring.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I don't think it is Ramona. Try this site.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.5079.0

Martha said...

I love roses -- and I would love that garden!

Penny said...

Love your blog. And the photos are amazing

AnnaVallance said...

Have just discovered your blog. What a beautiful sight.