Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rose Challenge - Chicago Peace

You know about my Rose Challenge for April, don't you? So far, it's been a little sketchy because the roses are just beginning to bloom here. But the weather is good, we had a nice rain last night, and more roses are appearing daily.

Here is rose number eight: Chicago Peace. I found this one at a local florist shop. They have a cute little yard around their building, and they have planted several hybrid tea roses there.

I have a Peace rose at home and I have always loved its huge flowers and wavy petals. I'm tempted to say I like this Chicago Peace rose even better because of its pink color. I'll show the regular (yellow) Peace when it blooms.

I hope you are enjoying the Rose Challenge from here Amongst The Oaks.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm definitely enjoying it - there is a book about the way the Peace Rose was made - it is an interesting story - surrounding the war and sneaking roses out and all sorts of neat stuff. I'll have to look it up and let you know the title - you might enjoy it.

Neabear said...

We have the Peace Rose in our yard. It is the only one I know the name of right now. That is because we planted that one. We have 3 others, but I don't know their names.