Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rose Challenge - Joseph's Coat

Remember my White Flower Challenge last June? Well, I have decided to challenge myself to find a different rose for every day of this month, so here is my first one: Joseph's Coat.

This Joseph's Coat is a climbing rose I got from my Dad. It's planted on this trellis that the Lord of the Manor made on the South side of the kitchen. It's covered with buds and filling in so nicely that you can hardly see the trellis. Within a few days this whole plant will be ablaze with flowers.

I noticed last weekend that it was starting to bloom. The buds start out a deep rosy orange. Then the flower is yellow orange when it first opens. After it's been open a while, it starts turning pink, and by the time the petals fall off they have lost any hint of yellow. Joseph's Coat, a rose of many colors. Aptly named, don't you think?

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is my favorite rose. It grows profusely on the back fence and it's spectacular in the show it pus on.

Neabear said...

This is a beautiful rose for sure. Looks great climbing the side of your house like that.