Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scepter'd Isle English Rose

Here we are on our next-to-the-last day of the Rose Challenge. I hope I haven't run anyone off because of all these rose photos, but April really is the best month for them. On May 1st we will abandon this project and return to our normal format. Whatever that is. Ok, we'll return to our normal rambling.
Today's rose is this beautiful soft pink English Rose. I think it's Scepter'd Isle, but I can't find the tag on it and I didn't write it down anywhere when I planted it 6 years ago. Any rose growers out there who can verify its name?

It starts with large bunches of small shell pink buds, and progresses to 3" cup shaped flowers which have a luscious scent. The flowers aren't large, and it drops its petals quickly in our heat, but I don't mind because it's so pretty.


It makes a nice landscape shrub along the patio next to this birdbath and it seems to co-operate by staying about 3' tall.


Please join me tomorrow for the finale of my Rose Challenge here Amongst The Oaks.

5 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

You're not running me off! I love these. So lush and delicate.

Anonymous said...

i love the rose parade, and i don't even live in pasadena! (cal. humor) that double old fashioned rose is gorgeous! but i look forward to your ramblings when they resume!jkj

Neabear said...

I have enjoyed your rose posts. Your gorgeous pictures have inspired me to take better pictures of flowers. I posted some today.

Abby Lanes said...

Thanks for telling me the name of this one! It's exquisite. I'm going to make a note of it, and buy that for my garden! Amazing.
~Abby

Anonymous said...

Not sure, maybe sharifa asma?. Scepter'd isle have bright yellow stamens well visible in the center of the rose