Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Spa Amongst The Oaks

It's beginning to look rather spa-ish around here. I found these towels yesterday at Ross and got the soap at Tar-Zhay. Did you know you could make Tiffany Blue hand soap if you mix blue and green together? Love that.

There is nothing better than soft new towels. Really white would have been the proper "spa" color, but white, here, with these pigs kids? No way. They would be gray and grubby in no time.

I scoured the house for plain glass jars and found that cotton ball jar my sister Horse Woman gave me. It used to hold tongue depressors at the doctor's office. And I found that jar for bath salts in my bathroom. I'll keep an eye open for more simple glass containers to hold toothbrushes, cotton swabs, etc. And I'll be searching for things to hang on the walls and decorate these little shelves. Decorating is a process for me; it doesn't usually just happen overnight. And I'm enjoying the process lately here Amongst The Oaks. Thanks for coming along with me. And thanks for all the help.


5 comments:

Neabear said...

Your bathroom is coming together very nicely. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the changes you have made, really does look wonderful
Lorri

Gypsy aka Tam said...

It's looking beautiful. It does have a very calming spa-like feel.
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Tam

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

I can't believe you found such perfect towels! They look wonderful! I was going to suggest a blush pink but you are in no need of my imput. Can't wait to see the rest of your progress.

Anonymous said...

wow, it looks great! everything is coming together! i asked about the window bec/ i love an interior window, have since i was a kid. i just couldn't tell if it was one. i don't know if you need a curtain. i cannot tell from the close up shots (with the neat finds that fit so well) if the room needs any softening. do you think so? no one would mess up white curtains, but that means you would have to decide to to do that! or decide to have other material. and what color? or style. a whole new set of considerations... if the teens don't feel the need for coverage, then it's up to you IF IT IS FUN to do. i come and go with curtains. i love shutters, but not cleaning them. so i'm no help at all, but i love what you have done so far. congrats on beautiful color creating and your appointments! it looks so clean and fresh! jkj